Behind the Sketchbook with Carole Ince
Today’s special guest is a multimedia artist inspired by people, places and community.
With a love of clay and oil paint Carole Ince celebrates the uniqueness of people and captures life as it unfolds.
Tuning in from Canada, I thought you will enjoy hearing some real talk.
Carole has solid collections of work, has started selling and has recently had a super successful solo show. We chat about the journey to this point and what life is really like as an artist.
Some of the big takeaways from this conversation were:
- The process takes time and consistent action
- Confidence came from all the small steps in the early days, which maybe felt as if things weren’t going anywhere
- The journey is a long one so having a community around you to support you when things go wrong (and right) is imperative
- Honing in on why Carole made art, why it matters and growing belief in her work
- Always learning – every day
- Checking in and planning on a regular basis (making this fun)
Have a great week.
Never miss a podcast episode again – press Subscribe or join our email list here:
Take care everyone,