How do I want my work to be seen?
- How do I want my artwork to be seen?
- Does it need to be framed?
- Can you hang it from wire or poles?
- What look are you wanting to achieve?
- How will your work change?
It all depends on the gallery…
A Hub member, Kelly, gave some great advice on this question. She suggested that you frame a couple of pieces that you can show the gallery, along with your portfolio and show them how your artwork looks in frames in different ways.
So here are some points to recap:
- Do your homework on galleries. See what they like, ask questions and find out what sells well and play around with your presentation.
- There is a balancing act of how you want your work to look and feel and how you take ownership of that, as well as looking at that other element of what’s selling and making your work presentable to fit that audience.
- How much flexibility do you want to give to change the way your work is presented to fit a gallery or an opportunity?